Search Protection Application
for BitTorrent, Inc.
We want you to know that We care about your privacy and We will never intentionally collect personally identifiable information or monitor usage on an personally identifiable individual level.
Information we collect during the installation and any subsequent removal or uninstallation of the SearchProtection
The information we collect is for basic reporting purposes only, and consists of the following:
- Date and time of installation
- Originating IP address and the user's country at time of installation/un-installation
- Partner ID (e.g., BitTorrent, Inc.) at time of installation
- SearchProtection version at time of installation
- A numeric identifier of the product that distributes the SearchProtection (channel id)
- Media access control ("MAC") and operating system data
Information we collect during Usage of the SearchProtection
We do not monitor the web pages you visit. When you perform a search, your search may be sent through Our servers in order to optimize the search result. This will record the following information:
- Date and time of search
- Originating IP address
- Partner / Channel ID of your SearchProtection
- SearchProtection version
- Search term(s)
How we use the Information we collect
All information collected is reported by us on an aggregate basis. We may use this information to measure, for example:
- the total number of SearchProtection installs/uninstalls in order to pay our partners
- MAC and operating system data
Information collected by Third Parties
Search results pages you visit when performing a search using a SearchProtection are provided by Our search engine partners (e.g.,Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex, eBay, Amazon, Namespace, etc.). These search engines can and might track a variety of data, including the following:
- Search term that was entered into the search box
- Originating IP address and the user's country or OS language setting
- Sponsored listings or other advertisements that you click on
- That the search request came from the relevant SearchProtection and its associated revenue tag
- MAC and operating system data
We suggest that you consider visiting the sites of these search engines to learn their privacy policies and more information about what they collect, as well as to determine how you may attempt to prevent the collection of such information, or clear such information. Some of these search engines are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). To opt out of other ad networks or to learn more about network advertising, please visit the NAI site and Digital Advertising Alliance website. In addition, some browsers have âdo no trackâ functionalities or setting, which you might consider learning about.
The SearchProtection does not intentionally collect personally identifiable information or monitor your surfing behavior.
The SearchProtection does not launch pop-up or pop-under advertisements, or any other obtrusive forms of advertising.
When you conduct a search using one of our search engine partners, Our content providers who supply search results (e.g., Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex, etc.) may set or access cookies on the computer or device where the SearchProtection is installed. The cookies are typically used for the purpose of measuring referrals from Our SearchProtection on an aggregate basis and are not tied to your personal information, except for your IP Address, and usually as may be otherwise disclosed in the privacy policies of these providers. Many browsers offer users the option of declining or deleting cookies. If you do not wish to accept cookies, or you wish to delete cookies, please modify the settings in your browser. (A cookie is message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. There are many resources available on the internet that explain in greater detail what cookies are, what types of cookies exist, and what they do.)
Also, please refer to the section above titled "Information collected by Third Parties"
SearchProtection Updates Automatically
The SearchProtection communicates with Our servers from time to time to check for available software updates such as bug fixes, patches, enhanced functions and new versions. By installing the SearchProtection, you agree to automatically request, receive and install updates without any additional notice.
[The following within the brackets is for your information only, and is not a contractual agreement, including and notwithstanding anything stated or implied elsewhere
You can easily uninstall the SearchProtection application by going to Control Panel, selecting SearchProtection and clicking Uninstall.
We recognize the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. The SearchProtection is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not target the SearchProtection or our Services to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE EXTENSION AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. IF WE LEARN THAT PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF PERSONS YOUNGER THAN 13 YEARS OF AGE HAS BEEN COLLECTED ON OR THROUGH AN EXTENSION, WE WILL TAKE THE APPROPRIATE STEPS TO DELETE THIS INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD YOUNGER THAN 13 YEARS OF AGE WHO HAS BECOME AN EXTENSION USER SUBSCRIBER, THEN PLEASE CONTACT SPIGOT AT PRIVACY_at_SPIGOT dot_COM TO HAVE THAT CHILD'S ACCOUNT TERMINATED AND INFORMATION DELETED.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME RESOURCES THAT MAY HELP PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS IN MONITORING AND LIMITING THEIR CHILDRENâS ACCESS TO CERTAIN TYPES OF MATERIAL ON THE INTERNET. WHILE WE DO NO ENDORSE THESE SITES, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS, AND DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THEM, WE PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT THEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE.
- OnGuard Online, maintained by the Federal Trade Commission.
- The Child Safety Network
- Control Kids
- Cyber Sitter
- Net Nanny
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when We have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted business affiliates who work with Us or on Our behalf under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Us communicate with you about offers from Us and Our marketing partners.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing Spigot to collect and use their child's information without consenting to Spigot sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, and We may provide information and data pursuant to same, and We may use you information and date to establish or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We transfer information about you if We are acquired by or merged with another company.
Notice to European Users
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please send us a note at support_[at]_ spigot_[dot]_com.
© Spigot, Inc., - All Rights Reserved
Effective Date: April 18, 2013